Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of implementing an Annual Membership Fee for Holistic Health Portal.

The main reasons for this are:

• Cost of the website tools and hosting increase as the size of the community increases. When the size of our community crosses 1000 members I will have to pay a 100% increase in monthly platform/ hosting fees. We are currently at 812 members.
  • Time to manage the Community. I have a full time job and i'm managing Holistic Health Portal in my spare time. As the community grows more time is needed to manage it. I would love to leave my job and dedicate all of my time to managing, interacting and growing the community but I will need an income to live.

I plan to charge an annual membership fee of US $12. That works out to $1 per month.  I am looking to start this from May 1st 2013.

Before I implement a membership fee I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this. Are you willing to pay a membership fee? Is the fee too high, too low, or just right? etc.

Thanks,

Ian McLean

Community Manager

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

while i understand your reasons for implementing a membership fee, i would cancel my membership if you did so.  there are too many free social networking sites for me to have to pay for one.

No I would not want to pay a fee because this does not bring me clients. Sorry!

At this point probably not.  I do not pay for anything on the internet, there is too much I can access for free and I have not had time to explore this site to determine the value.  I do not think $12 is too high of a price, I just would not do it.

Hi Ian

I probably wont join if a fee is introduced and at such an early stage of the setup of your site.  The internet is a very competitive place and this could impact on members joining.  I'll tend to agree with the others in what they are saying too.

Wish you all the best.

Kate 

i think it sounds like a fair number, just curious as to how the group works more...

i would cancel my membership. I have many free outlets. Thank you.

I would cancel my membership. I already don't use this site as much as I could/should, but a fee would turn me away completely. 

I am not sure as to the purpose of this site, because I have not had time to even complete my profile. If this site is just to get to know other people in the Health and Wellness industry, and not get clients....I would have to say no. You could start up a FB page for that, for free! I would be happy to part of that!

i cannot find where to unsubscribe

I think $12 a year is reasonable to support the sustainability of the portal... however there are a lot of free options out there so it would be difficult to stay attractive to potential members without clear metrics about the benefits of membership.

Ditto to Jennifer's comment :)

Jennifer Johnson said:

I am not sure as to the purpose of this site, because I have not had time to even complete my profile. If this site is just to get to know other people in the Health and Wellness industry, and not get clients....I would have to say no. You could start up a FB page for that, for free! I would be happy to part of that!

I am afraid I agree with Cheryl and Jennifer.  I would prefer a meeting space where people post ideas and discussions such as linked in or facebook.

Cheryl Reyes said:

while i understand your reasons for implementing a membership fee, i would cancel my membership if you did so.  there are too many free social networking sites for me to have to pay for one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

We connect Holistic Health (body, mind, heart & spirit) Practitioners with each other and to interested persons.

© 2017   Created by Ian McLean.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Support