Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of implementing an Annual Membership Fee for Holistic Health Portal.

The main reasons for this are:

• Cost of the website tools and hosting increase as the size of the community increases. When the size of our community crosses 1000 members I will have to pay a 100% increase in monthly platform/ hosting fees. We are currently at 812 members.
  • Time to manage the Community. I have a full time job and i'm managing Holistic Health Portal in my spare time. As the community grows more time is needed to manage it. I would love to leave my job and dedicate all of my time to managing, interacting and growing the community but I will need an income to live.

I plan to charge an annual membership fee of US $12. That works out to $1 per month.  I am looking to start this from May 1st 2013.

Before I implement a membership fee I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this. Are you willing to pay a membership fee? Is the fee too high, too low, or just right? etc.

Thanks,

Ian McLean

Community Manager

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the feedback thus far, I really appreciate the time you'll have taken to reply to this discussion.  Some points I would like to add:

• I am thinking about implementing a membership fee, I have not yet decided if I will do it. My decision will be based on the outcome of the discussion. So please everyone, feel free to voice your opinions on this.
  • I do have a Facebook page for this site, the link is https://www.facebook.com/holistichealthportal
  • Whilst Facebook is free on the surface, only a small percentage of you members get your posts and messages. You now have to pay to post and send messages to all the members of your Facebook page/ group. Also Facebook is good for one to many interaction only; it is not effective for many to many interaction which my site brings to members.
  • As for the purpose of my site, this link to About Us describes the mission and vision of Holistic Health Portal.

Yes the community is still young, but in time the benefits that members will experience are:

Benefits of joining

• Promote your holistic health practice
  • Find holistic health practitioners in your area
  • Bartering of Goods & Services
  • Belong to a community built around a specific interest
  • Make new friends and connections
  • Find and discuss holistic health topics
  • Share your thoughts, ideas and experiences with others

Would like to cancel my membership. Don't know how to do this.

Hi Ian,

We would like to cancel our membership from your website because we do not see any use or helping us in promoting our clinic, we never had any client enquiry from this website. The fee is not that much but its not worth to pay at this point of time.

Thanks for your mail and having us until today. I do not find way to cancel membership, please do the needful.

Regards

Ayurveda Health Clinic

i see that you already have some ads on the page, pump it up more and it'll pay the expenses. I would not pay either sorry ...as the others already said there is too much competition that is free. however i understand where you are coming from i used to run a popular message board with 8000 members, and yeas there are expenses involved...i think ads are you best bet, because charging will just drive your members away.

another idea is to offer free membership and paid, where the paid has some perks for the members.

does anyone else feel that perhaps this was/ is a scam? I Am a medium. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS> i have tried to unsubscribe from this convo; it didn't work. I cannot find a place to unsubscribe from this whole thing. anyone help me?

Hi - I agree with the others in that I don't use this site enough to warrant paying a fee.  It's not that I don't think the site is a good idea or worth it, it's just that I already spend quite a lot of time on the net & not looking for ways to spend more.

Hi Denise, sorry that you feel this way. you can unsubscibe from this discussion from clicking on the "Stop following" link at the bottom of this page.

Rev. Denise Metzger said:

does anyone else feel that perhaps this was/ is a scam? I Am a medium. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS> i have tried to unsubscribe from this convo; it didn't work. I cannot find a place to unsubscribe from this whole thing. anyone help me?

I have unsubscribed you as requested.

Rev. Denise Metzger said:

i cannot find where to unsubscribe

While $12 is not much, I probably will not continue my membership if you do institute the fee.  Unless of course you can show me what value I can get from this site that I am not getting elsewhere. G

Good luck!

Hi Szilvia, thanks for the advice on the ads. What happened to your message board, is someone else running it?

Szilvia Atwood said:

i see that you already have some ads on the page, pump it up more and it'll pay the expenses. I would not pay either sorry ...as the others already said there is too much competition that is free. however i understand where you are coming from i used to run a popular message board with 8000 members, and yeas there are expenses involved...i think ads are you best bet, because charging will just drive your members away.

I think the site should be both Free for regular limited access members and 12$/year or what ever price you decide for Vip members with full access.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

We connect Holistic Health (body, mind, heart & spirit) Practitioners with each other and to interested persons.

© 2017   Created by Ian McLean.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Support