About 90% of all Americans suffer from back pain at some point or the other in their lifetime. While it is not a disease as such, back pain is definitely a symptom that cannot be ignored. If the cause of back pain can be identified, then one can actually go in for effective back pain treatment. People have numerous options for back pain treatment now, thanks to the increasing awareness of alternative routes of treatment.
What are the back treatment methods?
Let's look at the surfeit of back treatment methods available:
- Spinal decompression: A tremendous improvement on traditional traction, this method can be used for herniated discs, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back pain. It is also an effective substitute for surgery, drugs, and extensive therapy.
- Chiropractic treatment: This natural healthcare method takes a holistic approach to treating back pain. That means that not just the symptoms but also the cause is worked upon. The back pain doctor says it is based on the simple principle that a healthy spine and nervous system greatly improve the body's natural healing mechanisms. After all, the spine is the main conduit of all movement, feeling, and bodily functions.
- Acupuncture: This ancient Chinese medicine system aims at balancing the body's energy flow by stimulating certain meridian points or channels. Disposable, sterilized, single-use, filiform needles are placed at specific points, which correspond to the organs and functions of the human body. Micro-current needles are also used, depending on the patients' treatment requirements. Fibromyalgia, back and neck pain, cramping, cysts, acute conditions, wounds, psoriasis, and chronic arthritis can be treated by this method at the pain treatment center.
- Laser Treatment: Low-intensity laser light is used to increase cellular metabolism with no side effects whatsoever. According to a back pain specialist, the process of photobiostimulation has recently found FDA approval (2002), despite the fact that medical experiments on its efficacy have been ongoing since the 1960s.
- Physiotherapy: This route increases flexibility, strength, and endurance of the body's musculoskeletal system by using electrical stimulation, traction, ice and heat application, joint and soft tissue mobilization, etc. Physiotherapy is only started after profiling the patient's range of motion, balance, coordination, muscle control, strength, and of course, medical history.
- Therapy: This hand-based manipulation of muscle, skin, tendons, ligaments, and joints is used to reduce physical pain at the pain center. This increases muscle flexibility and relaxation, improves circulation and healing, and reduces stress, and maintains the physical functioning of the body.
What are the back pain treatment products?
Some of the back doctor advise you to use back pain treatment products which can be very useful for you. These products are:
- Inversion Tables: It uses the patient’s body weight in conjunction with gravity to decompress weight-bearing joints. This works on the principle of passive gravity-assisted traction(PGAT).
- Backstretcher: It provides relief with a combination of massage and stretching movements. It is also known as the Rolastretcher.
- Back Braces: These help to correct poor posture and these strap-on body braces help reduce lower back pain.
Article Source :- http://backandpainclinic.over-blog.com/2021/05/what-are-the-back-pa...